Welcome to the Fluorescence Research Group at SUTD!
We are interested in all aspects of research on organic fluorescent compounds and their bioimaging, biosensing, and energy applications.
Our research vision is to shift the chemistry of fluorophores from "trial-and-error" to molecular engineering, such that one gains the ultimate abilities to "design" tailored fluorescent properties to suit a given application.
To achieve this vision, we are working closely with organic chemists to make novel fluorescent dyes and sensors and explore their applications. We are also actively looking for new collaborations to contribute our computational and design expertise. United, we hope to bring bright fluorescent hopes to the world.
FRG in the News
- May 2020: Xiaogang Liu is using fluorescence to tackle the problem of illicit cooking oil
- May 2020: General descriptor sparks advancements in dye chemistry
- Mar 2020: Precise Prediction of Twisted Intramolecular Charge Transfer
- Mar 2020: A Conversation with Xiaogang Liu
- Dec 2019: Illuminating the path for super-resolution imaging with improved rhodamine dyes
- Apr 2019: New charge transfer and separation process
Please contact Dr. Xiaogang Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.